An active user is one that uses your service or app on a regular basis, typically returning daily, weekly or monthly.
- How do you make sure an acquired user become an active user?
- How do keep increasing the number of active users?
- What engagement are nurturing to ensure active users continue to stay active?
- How do you tie revenue to your active users?
MAU (Monthly Active Users)
DAU (Daily Active Users)
ABPU (Average Booking Per User)
Example Retention Goals
(from Startup Metrics for Pirates)
- 1-3+ visits per month
- 20% open rate / 2% CTR
- Long customer life cycle / Low decay
- Identify fanatics and cheerleaders
- Automated Emails
- RSS/New feeds
- Visitor Loyalty
- Session Length
- Spend / visit
- Actions / visit
Kiss Metrics, MixPanel, Woopra, Qualaroo, Customer.io, Google Analytics.