Marketing is the process of communicating company and product value to attract customers, via a “mix” of activities, including branding, promotion, distribution, advertising, positioning, leads, online channels, website, social media and anything between the company and prospects.
Q3 – 2013
- Arnold Waldstein reminds us to go Back to marketing basics, although it’s not that easy.
- William Mougayar has Five marketing activities that even successful startups botch up. (value proposition, go-to-market, communications, branding and positioning)
- Seth Godin is lamenting that More people are doing marketing badly. “The cure? Noticing. Notice what is working in the real world and try to figure out why. Apply it to your work. Repeat.”
- William Mougayar on Make Marketing the Third Leg to Success, after Product and Engineering.
- Matt Heinz on the Seven marketing mistakes most startups make.
- Jason Cohen on Solving the Low-Budget Online Marketing Dilemma.