The processes by which users or customers visit your website or are made aware of your service so they can think about trying it.
- Josh Ledgard, on the KissMetrics blog has A Simple Guide to Increasing Customer Lifetime Value: Focus on the First 5 Minutes, saying that when users see immediate results, “this gives them the impression that they could be even more successful as time goes on.” True, but I would shrink that time to 1-2 mins for consumer apps. Josh learned this technique while he worked at Microsoft, so that explains the 5 minutes.
- How to Grow: 21 Tactics to Acquire Customers is fully packed with tactical and practical tips for acquiring and connecting with customers. Don’t read this post. Study it, and pick the best ideas that apply for you.
- A refresher on how to Grow Your Business Smarter with Conversion Rate Optimization.
- Give your users a Seductive Hook, If you can Find it Every Time.
- Chip Hazard explains how virality works when users are developers, in Driving developer adoption.