The act of a user enjoying a first visit and first experience with your app, site or service, following their signup to try it. It is a conversion metric that results from a user’s visit to your site.
- How do you make sure the signup process is easy and frictionless?
- Do not confuse Activation with Active users.
- How do you ensure you a high conversion rate and a good first user experience?
“A high conversion rate means that the visitors had a good first user experience. A low activation rate usually means that your product isn’t interesting enough or they found it difficult to get started.” — Kissmetrics
Example Activation Goals
[To be completed]
Kiss Metrics, MixPanel, Woopra, Qualaroo, Customer.io, Google Analytics.
1. 3 Rules to Actionable Metrics in a Lean Startup, Ash Maurya
2. 9 Metrics to Help You Make Wise Decisions About Your Startup, Kissmetrics